1/2 white cabbage, finely shredded
1 onion, finely sliced into half moons
2 carrots, grated
2 tbsp flaked almonds
2 heaped dessert spoons mayonnaise
1 tsp garam masala
salt and pepper
- In a dry frying pan on a low heat, lightly toast the almonds until they are golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl make the curried mayonnaise mix. Put the mayonnaise in the bowl and start by adding 2 heaped teaspoons curry powder, the garam masala, a pinch of salt, a good grinding of pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice. Mix and taste.
- Add more curry powder, lemon, juice, salt, pepper or garam masala to taste. There’s no right or wrong, just how you like it.
- Once you’re happy with the curried mayonnaise, tip the vegetables into the bowl and coat well before stirring through the almonds.
- Leave to sit for about 30 minutes before serving. You can also make it well in advance and leave it covered in the fridge until you’re ready.